Thursday, October 15, 2015

Welcome Back!

This Week at GCMS:
Welcome back after the well-deserved week off for Fall Break!  I hope that everyone enjoyed the week and hopefully got to relax and enjoy some time with family and friends.  I have just a few notes to share today as the week winds to a close.

Congratulations!
I would like to congratulate Tori Banks Dangerfield on her recent marriage!  I am working on calling her by her new name when I dismiss her lunch group each day, and I can tell the students are trying to get used to the name change as well.  They give me a puzzled look for a couple of seconds and then proceed on their way.  Anyway, we are very happy for you, Tori!

Test Scores:
KPREP test scores for GCMS were something of a mixed bag this year.  Our overall score dropped by 7 tenths of a point this year leaving us at the 64th percentile among Kentucky middle schools.  While most middle schools did drop this year, we are never content with any sort of a drop.  Our work this year will target our need areas, and I am confident that GCMS scores will increase as they have continuously done over the years.  I don’t want anyone to be discouraged, and I encourage you to continue your diligent work to help GCMS students learn and achieve at the highest levels possible.

Faculty Meeting on Monday:
I know that everyone has had a little time to digest the latest KPREP test scores, and we will continue to look at our scores after school on Monday.  I also understand that there is a contest going on that will culminate at Monday afternoon’s meeting.  We might even have some free cheese at the meeting. 

Quote of the Day:
“When you have a choice and don’t make it, that is in itself a choice.” ~William James

Coming Attractions:
Oct. 16…end of 1st nine weeks
Oct. 16…GCHS Band to perform at GCMS, 1:45
Oct. 19…faculty meeting, 3:00
Oct. 20…Team 1 Showcase
Oct. 20…GCMS Girls Basketball hosts Butler Co., 5:30
Oct. 21…Dress for Success Day
Oct. 21…GCMS SBDMC Meeting, 3:15
Oct. 22…GCMS Girls Basketball hosts Hancock Co., 5:30
Oct. 23…Walkthon Rewards, 6th/7th periods
Oct. 26-30…Red Ribbon Week


No comments:

Post a Comment